Please Wait...
FanBuff
You are viewing this fan club as a guest. Get involved with this community by joining! Join  Login or Login w/Facebook
Forums > Murdered Love Discussions > Beautiful
Latest Posts

Beautiful   New Post
Prev 1 Next
AuthorComment
Warriors619
Club Points: 195
Dedicated

06/28/12 06:33 PM
Reply Quote
Each song now has its own dedicated thread, as we've now heard a bit of each one, and will soon have the entire album. Hopefully this will keep the discussions a bit easier to find.

This thread is for Beautiful.
payableondeath1
Club Points: 92
Novice

06/29/12 01:18 PM
Reply Quote
Looooooove this song!  The lyrics hit home for me and great guitar work.  Excited to see the heavy bridge!  Pumpedddd for this song too.
Old-School-Warrior
Club Points: 50
Novice

06/29/12 10:57 PM
Reply Quote
this one is awesome as well, wish I could hear the full song... the acoustic version holds no water to it so far. kinda reminds me of "It Can't Rain Everyday" but way better.
payableondeath1
Novice

06/30/12 05:01 AM
Reply Quote
I love the acoustic version but I'm liking the cd version definitely better.  I also feel like it has that "It Can't Rain Everyday" feel to it but I like it a lot better.  The line in the verse, "Too weak, too weary to try, too angry inside. Well so am I. I'm all alone with nobody else, so in need of help, I keep reminding myself" is my life in a nutshell.  I hope those are the lyrics haha.  This song hits home for me.
Warriors619
Dedicated

06/30/12 02:44 PM
Reply Quote
The structure and content is very similar to ICRE. Including the more than 2 verse structure. And though I liked the guitar part for ICRE a bit more, I like beautiful more as a song. Partially because it, along with the rest of this album, is produced so much better than Angels and Serpents. I honestly think WAASD would've been a much better album if it was produced by Howard. Almost all of my friends had the same complaint that WAASD sounded like a home studio production.
payableondeath1
Novice

06/30/12 06:36 PM
Reply Quote
The guitar on ICRE was amazing and might be better than "Beautiful."  That's a good point.  I agree, if Howard produced WA&SD it would have been a much better record.  I get what you're saying abou the home recorded feel, it definitely had that, but the recording quality was really high on the album and I consider it to be one of the best mixed albums I've heard.  I think where it falls flat is with the guitar tone and the bass.  There wasn't enough balls with either and it didn't have that P.O.D. sound that they usually have.  The whole feel of the album felt different, from the record label, the PR, the artwork, the lack of demo's heard before the album, and the production.  It was a good album from P.O.D. but I always remembered Marcos saying something like "wait for our next record, it's going to be a lot heavier."  I'm so happy he was right!  

Hearing the samples of this album in my car I really feel that the production quality is much higher and the balls are there in the guitar tone and bass.  The energy is there also and there's a certain raw quality to the tracks even with big time studio production.  Howard Benson is a genius as well lol.  The PR and album artwork/videos, I believe, are the best we've seen from the band since Satellite.  I don't think it's a coincidence my favorite P.O.D. albums are both produced by him (I also do love Snuff the Punk and Brown too though).  I'm sure this album will be my 3rd favorite along with Brown and Snuff the Punk.  I knew this album would be great once I saw the star background in the promo pic a few months back that reminded me of Satellite.  
Old-School-Warrior
Club Points: 50
Novice

07/01/12 05:48 PM
Reply Quote
Everything about this album is probably going to change my top 5 albums for these guys.. got a good feeling that this album will top both FEOS and Satellite for the #1 spot!!
payableondeath1
Novice

07/02/12 01:15 PM
Reply Quote
It definitely could for me although I still think I'll rank those two above this one.  I won't know till I hear the whole album though.  The diversity of songs is going to map this record epic too.
Warriors619
Dedicated

07/02/12 04:17 PM
Reply Quote
Man, when it comes to favorite albums it's just too hard of a question. Haha.

Testify is my favorite along the lines of just the music, because Truby is a genius when it comes to subtleties in guitar. Southtown is my favorite as far as just awesome tracks that I can blast in my car. Satellite is like my feel-good favorite. Self-titled just has this awesome vibe that's hard to describe...it's like the music matches the old-fashioned, antiqued album artwork, it's hard to explain, haha.

And this album, I'm thinking is going to be my Southtown CD's best friend. Murdered Love is definitely something I just want to get in the car and drive to.
payableondeath1
Novice

07/03/12 05:02 AM
Reply Quote
Good way to describe the self-titled album.  It really does match the album artwork.  Testify was amazing.  This new record will definitely be up there with Southtown and I feel that they definitely went back to their roots on Murdered Love.  I'm going to rock this CD in my car nonstop!

You must be logged in and a member of the club to reply.

Login   Join

Home - About Us - Contact Club - Contact FanBuff - FAQ - Privacy - Terms